We have a membership class given by myself first Sunday of every month (next one _ this coming Sunday), from 3 pm - 5 pm in the log house. There is a power point with it and it is very informative, if I do say so myself. Whether or not one sees oneself as a member, I recommend this class as being most informative. Everybody is welcome to attend and there is no obligation. There will be a class this Sujnday if you have the time, otherwise, as i said, first Sunday of every month.
Below here is additional information.
A temple is the focus of spiritual life for those who gather there regularly. Over time the community becomes a spiritual family, which is very much like a family bound by birth and marriage except that all the relationships are based on worship together and mutual spiritual goals. Together we walk the path to God.
In the Vedic culture, a community of worship is called a sangham. In it we share uplifting association with fellow seekers and devotees. A person can always chant mantras or study scriptures on their own, but the same scriptures advise joining a sangham in order to advance quickly and enter the spiritual realms, which we call Krishna Consciousness.
This is where the most exciting journey in life begins -- we at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple invite newcomers to join our active spiritual family. There is a New Member Meeting every month (webcast live), in which our Temple Priest, Caru Das, presents the benefits to your spiritual life of joining a family centered on the Lord of Lords, Sri Krishna.
And the benefits are many.....
* Attendance at weekly scriptural study Philosophy 201 Class (also webcast live) facilitated by Caru Das, an in-depth discussion of selected scriptural readings as they apply to our daily lives. Here, members can talk about their deepest life questions and issues, to which Caru das provides a scriptural context and 40 years of devotion to Sri Krishna.
* Attendance at Lifestyle 101 Class, where is taught all the aspects of a Krishna conscious lifestyle.
* Greater access to our temple leaders for lifestyle and practice guidance.
* Access to the member area of this website, utahkrishnas.com.
* Opportunities for transformational service and development of a personal ministry.
By understanding what the path of Krishna Consciousness offers, we each have the rare opportunity to bridge the material world and the spiritual world. Plus, quite simply, we have a great group here! Consider joining us.
New Member Meetings are held at 3pm on the first Sunday of every month, just before the Sunday Love Feast. Click here for schedule. We gather in the living room of the log house, just across from the temple.